Thursday, February 14, 2008

CIC Learning Technology Group

Web Site

It is great to have peers at similar campuses who do essentially the same job as you do. It does wonders for benchmarking, creating aspirations, understanding the profession as a whole, and establishing enduring friendships. Once the relationships form inside the group many of those extend into other areas and context. I am now one of the faculty at the Educause Learning Technology Leadership Institute, and that is a consequence of my knowing Kathy Christoph of Wisconsin-Madison, whom I know through NLII, the Pew Program on Course Redesign, and of course the CIC LT group. She asked me to fill in at LTLI. I also on a new advisory board for Pearson. That connection came through Steve Acker of Ohio State. Steve is a very good friend now. We first met through the CIC LT group.

1 comment:

Lanny Arvan said...

ok - i will write something a little longish here. this is still a test, but I want to see how it shows up in the sidebar and so far it looks like the link at the top simply repeats the text. with this added length of the text, we should get a better idea of how this looks.